Please be patient as we work on updating this page and its contents. Much of the material provided here is outdated and in need of rebranding. We look forward to providing current 4-H resources soon.
Activity/Lesson Plan Writing Resources
- Activity Template Descriptors – describes the various parts of the activity plan
- Activity Template Unformatted – Word document to use while developing the activity/lesson before putting in formatted version
- 2018 Template – formatted in Publisher
STEM Project Evaluation
- 4-H Science Programming Research (4-h.org)
Professional and Volunteer Development
- Click2SciencePD (UNL)
- 4-H Science (4-h.org)
- Tools of the Trade II Inspiring Young Minds to be SET Ready for Life (CA)
- Understanding Science (UC Berkeley)
CSU STEM Resources
- CSU STEM Center
- CSU College of Natural Sciences Education and Outreach Center
- Little Shop of Physics CSU
- 2018 Colorado Science and Engineering Fair (How to make your 4-H project into a science fair project.)
Other STEM Resources
Expanding STEM Learning, Lessons Learned and Early Impact of Statewide Afterschool Networks System Building Efforts, Mainspring Consulting, 2014 (working draft)
STEM at the National Level
US Department of Education STEM: Education for Global Leadership.
Facilitator Activity Guides
Student Work Sheets
States of Matter: Melting Ice With Salt, Moving Molecule Stomp, Solid And Liquid, The Air Around You.
Density: Buoyant Butter, Dancing Raisins, Density Totem, Liquid Rainbow
Solubility: Crystal Art, Fountain Of Soda Pop, T-Shirt Tie-dye, Wacky Waxy Watercolors.
The Basics: Brown Bananas, Cleaning Pennies, Lumpy Liquids, Rusty Wool.
Acids and bases: Egg Dye Solutions, Exploding Bags, Rubber Eggs.
Rxn Rates & Catalysts: Ageless Apples, Elephant Toothpaste, Seltzer Rxn rates.
Forces & Interactions: Antigravity Water, Balloon Rockets, Grasping for Air, Magnetic Metals, Puffed Rice Fleas.
Life and Earth Sciences: Blubber In Sea Animals, Capillary Carnations, Dew Drops, Hold The Salt, Iron In Cereal.